- Student/Parent Orientations will be held on
- August 16th, 4:30 - 6:00 PM for grades 3-6, and August 17th, 4:30 - 6:00 PM for grades PK3-2. For grades PK3 - 6, the orientation is primarily for parent/guardian(s) to learn more about Meridian's procedures and important policies, review the latest Student/Parent Handbook, and have an opportunity to meet your child's teacher and school leadership. Additionally, representatives from after care programs will make brief presentations, provide applications, and take questions.
- August 17th, 5:00 - 6:30 PM for grades 7-8. For grades 7 - 8, student attendance at orientation is highly encouraged so they can learn more about and indicate their preferences for the electives offered this year. Middle School Parent/Guardian(s) will also receive information on Meridian's procedures and important policies, review this year's Student/Parent Handbook, and have an opportunity to meet with the Middle School teachers and school leadership.
- The first day of school for K-8 students is August 21, 2017. Elementary School doors open at 7:30 AM, breakfast is served at 8:00 AM and students must be seated in their classrooms at 8:30 AM in order to be marked present and on time. All K-6 students will be dismissed at 3:30 PM; see the updated Arrival and Dismissal Procedures for further details, including a new curbside drop-off option. Middle School doors open for breakfast at 7:50 AM and students must be seated in their classrooms at 8:10 AM in order to be marked present and on time (please disregard prior notices indicating MS classes begin at 8:15 AM). All 7th and 8th grade students will be dismissed at 3:15 PM.
- On Monday, August 21, 2017, PK3 and PK4 students AND their parent/guardians can meet/greet in their classrooms during the Open House, arriving any time between from 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM. This event is different from orientation because it is primarily to give the students an opportunity to have a "first look" at their classrooms, meet their teachers and some of their classmates in a no pressure environment. Parent/guardians are required to remain with their children for the duration of their visit, and no one is required to stay until 12:00 noon. You are welcome to drop off school supplies during this time.
- Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 will have a half day (dismissal at 12 noon) on August 22nd and on August 23rd. These half days help relieve the stress and anxiety some of our youngest students may experience as they transition to being left in a new environment and adjust to a full day at school. Unlike the Open House, these two days use standard arrival procedures and morning instructional time like a normal school day.
- School supply list for Elementary School (Pre-K through 6th grade)
- School supply list for Middle School (7th and 8th grades)
- Welcome letters from Elementary School Leaders in English and Spanish
- Basic SY2017-18 School Calendar
- Letter from the School Nurse
- Uniform Policy
- 8/15/2017 Letter from the Head of School with corrected MS start times
- Before care application form
- Regular, full time after care application form for the YMCA 3 o'clock Club at Meridian
- Elementary School Daily Schedule for SY17-18
- Elementary School Arrival and Dismissal Procedures for SY17-18
Actualmente, estamos trabajando fuertemente en preparación para un maravilloso nuevo año escolar en la Escuela Meridian! Estamos muy ansiosos por darle la bienvenida a nuestros estudiantes y familias actuales y nuevos en agosto.
- Orientación para Estudiantes/Padres se llevarán a cabo:
- el 16 de agosto, de 4:30 a 6:00 PM para los grados 3-6,
- el 17 de agosto, de 4:30 a 6:00 PM para los grados PK3-2, y
- el 17 de agosto, de 5:00 a 6:30 PM para los grados 7-8.
- El primer día de clase para estudiantes de Kinder-8 grado es el 21 de agosto del 2017.
- Los grados pre escolares tendrán una Casa Abierta el 21 de agosto, de 8:30 AM a 12:00 PM. Los padres y sus estudiantes de Pre-K3 y Pre-K4 son bienvenidos a dar la bienvenida a sus nuevos maestros, visitar las aulas, dejar los útiles escolares y comenzar a familiarizarse con la escuela.
- Pre-K3 y Pre-K4 tendrán un medio día de clase (despido a las 12 del mediodía) el 22 de agosto.
- Pre-K3 y Pre-K4 tendrán un medio día de clase (despido a las 12 del mediodía) el 23 de agosto.
LISTA DE ÚTILES PARA EL AÑO ESCOLAR 2017-18
- Lista de útiles para la Escuela Elementaría (Pre-Kínder a 6o grado)
- Lista de útiles para la Escuela Intermedia (7o y 8o grado)
PAQUETES DE BIENVENIDA
Los primeros Paquetes de Bienvenida para la Escuela Elementaría han sido enviados por correo. Por favor utilice los siguientes enlaces para ver o descargar los elementos del primer Pacquete de Bienvenida de la Escuela Elementaría.
Por favor regrese a nuestra página para informarse sobre las actualizaciones y para ver o descargar los elementos del segundo Paquete de Bienvenida de la Escuela Elementaría y el Paquete de Bienvenida de la Escuela Intermedia.
PRIMER PAQUETE DE BIENVENIDA (Elementaría):